The Merger of Ramsgate Levelling Up Scheme and Future High Street Fund
List of Current Projects
In 2021, Ramsgate was awarded £2.7m to support two projects to improve the centre of the town, and £19.8 million from the government Levelling Up Fund.
Here is a reminder of the Ramsgate projects for which funds were originally awarded:
Levelling Up Fund
- Green Port with a Green Hub training centre for apprenticeships and training.
- Improved port infrastructure including revamped ro-ro facilities.
- Training hotel and restaurant at the Smack Boy’s building at Ramsgate Harbour.
- A brasserie and a facility for the local fishing fleet to store and sell catch.
- A new town square on the current Pier Yard car park.
- A refurbished Clock House building to provide a new Museum and Heritage Centre.
- Two community sites in Newington and Ramsgate with training kitchens, community teaching.
Future High Street Fund
- Provide workspace in the town centre for the creative industries
- Highways improvement scheme to make it easier for pedestrians to walk to the town centre from the Harbour, by reducing the dominance of the road. This project is due to be completed by spring 2024.